The first time the WT terminal is booted, a “Wizard” will appear which will guide the user through the basic terminal settings.
The first window of the configuration asks for the language to be used for the user interface of the terminal.
Select the language and click "OK" to continue with the configuration.
The welcome window, shown below, displays a “Welcome” message along with the firmware revision.
Click on "Next" to proceed to the first window of the setup.
End User License
Read the End User License Agreement.
Click on "Accept" if you agree with the terms and to proceed to the next step of the setup.
The following screen allows the setting of the IP address in one of two ways:
- Obtain an IP address automatically from a DHCP Server.
- Assign a static IP address.
It also allows to configure the ThinMan Address.
Click on "Configure" to enter ThinMan Server information (see next chapter) or select the desired IP address option and click "Next" to continue.
Configure ThinMan Address
The window allow to configure information related to the ThinMan Server. More information on chapter ThinMan.
Assigning a Static IP Address
Whether "Insert Static IP Address" is selected, the following information must be completed:
- IP Address: enter a static IP Address for the device. This address must be unique on the network and no other device can have the same address.
- Subnet Mask: enter the subnet mask for the terminal. The subnet mask will determine the class of the network and therefore how network traffic will be routed to and from the terminal.
- Default Gateway: enter the IP Address of the gateway for access to IP addresses outside of the subnet mask.
After entering the information click on "Next" to proceed with the configuration.
DNS (Domain Name Service) and WINS (Windows Internet Naming Service) allow the resolution of logical system names to IP addresses.
The parameters for Name Resolution are:
- Activate DNS: enable DNS name resolution
- Default Domain Name: the name of the default domain
- IP address of Primary DNS server: enter the IP address of the primary DNS server
- IP address of Secondary DNS server: enter the IP address of the secondary DNS server (it will be used if the primary server is not available)
After entering the requested information click on "Next" to continue with the configuration.
Screen Size, Video Refresh Frequency and Display Mode
Select the desired screen size and video frequency from the drop down list; this must be compatible with the monitor being used.
Click on "Next" to continue.
In the last window of the wizard users can decide whether to complete the installation or change any previous settings by going "Back" in the process.
To complete the configuration, click on "Finish".